Wizard Communication Systems
Online Support Pages
Internet Setup Assistant for the Macintosh
OS 8 comes with everything you need to set up service to the Internet.
If you bought your computer new and Mac OS 8 was previously installed on
your computer you will need to open up the Internet Setup Assistant in the
Internet folder on the hard disk.
If you are upgrading from the Apple Internet Connection Kit, look in the
Internet folder for the upgrade utility and follow those instructions.
If youíre upgrading from a previous version of system software make sure
that one of the items being installed is the Internet. During the upgrade
process the Internet Setup Assistant is loaded, so just follow these instructions.
1. In Internet Setup Assistant (ISA), click on Update in the first window,
then click the right arrow (triangle) in the lower right hand corner of
the ISA window to continue.
2. In the second window, click on Add Internet Configuration.
3. In the name window enter Wizard then click the right arrow in
the lower right hand corner to continue.
- How will you be connecting to the internet, Choose Modem.
If you are given an error message in the next window and canít continue,
you will need to exit the Internet Setup Assistant and go to the Mac
OS 8 installer CD (or disks) and install Open Transport PPP. Once that
has been completed, open the Internet Setup Assistant and begin again.
4. Select your modem from the list, then select the modem port, tone
dialing and then click the right arrow in the lower right hand corner.
5. Enter the following information:
- Enter the Wizard phone number you will be dialing: We have expanded our "Local" dialup access to all of Erie and Niagara
Counties along with the communities of Medina, Albion, Batavia, Olean, and Wellsville. All of our local
calling areas have access to both dialup hunt groups. Go to our
Dialup Locations Page to see the numbers available for local dialup access.
- In the next text block, enter your login name, which you specified when you signed up with us.
Make sure you enter it in lowercase letters.
- Next enter your password in the last text block. Make sure you enter it in lowercase
letters. Click the right arrow in the lower right hand corner to continue.
6. In this window, select No in regards to the IP questions, then click
the right arrow in the lower right hand corner to continue.
7. In this window enter our DNS addresses: 184.108.40.206 and
220.127.116.11 In the next
box enter wzrd.com then click the right arrow in the lower right hand
corner to continue.
8. Enter your email address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password. Make sure you enter them in
lowercase letters and that there are no spaces between any of the letters.
Click the right arrow in the lower right hand corner to continue.
9. Enter your email address and our server info: mail.wzrd.com Make sure you enter your email
address just like you did in the previous screen -- in lowercase letters and no spaces
between any of the letters. Click the right arrow in the lower right hand corner to continue.
10. For news, enter news.basec.net then click the right arrow in the lower right hand corner
11. In the last window uncheck Connect when finished and click Go-ahead.
12. Open up the Control Panels folder, which is located under the Apple menu. Locate the TCP/IP
control panel and double-click on it. Confirm that it looks like the picture to the left; if not
enter the correct information as listed below.
- Connect via PPP (or MacPPP)
Configure: Using PPP Server
- Name Server Addr: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Additional Search Domains: wzrd.com
- Close the window by clicking on the small box in the upper left hand
corner and select Save if it asks.
You have successfully configured Internet Assistant for the Macintosh
Back to WCS Support Page